Expert Veterinary Care in Emergency Situations
There’s never a good time for an emergency, and we understand it can be frightening when you’re facing an emergency with your pet. At Community Pet Hospital, the needs of your pet come first. Our state-of-the-art facility and skilled veterinary care offer great comfort to you as we are able to quickly and accurately diagnose and treat your pet’s emergency.
Signs of an Emergency
The first question to ask yourself is whether your pet is in an emergency situation. Please call us at (503) 670-9707 whenever you have a concern, and we will help you decide what course of action to take. We are open 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Saturday. These urgent veterinary crises require immediate attention:
- Your pet has lost consciousness and can’t wake up.
- Your pet has suffered a seizure.
- Your pet has stopped breathing or you are unable to detect a heartbeat, or there is something stuck in his or her throat.
- More than 24 hours has passed and your pet still has vomiting and/or diarrhea, or there is blood in the vomit.
- Your pet has blood in the urine or feces, or the feces is black and tarry.
- You suspect a broken bone.
- Your pet is bleeding from the eyes, nose, or mouth.
- You suspect your pet has ingested a poison or toxin, including medications or household cleaners.
- Your pet exhibits signs of severe pain.
- Your pet is unable to get up after collapsing.
- Your pet seems to have difficulty seeing.
- Your pet seems disoriented and is running into things.
- Your pet has heatstroke. Signs of heatstroke include
- Your pet’s abdomen is hard, swollen, or bloated.
- Your pet is gagging and trying to vomit.
- Your pregnant dog or cat has gone more than 3 to 4 hours with no progression during delivery of puppies or kittens.
- Your pet is unable to urinate.
Of course, no one knows your pet better than you do. If you ever feel that something is just not right and suspect a serious problem, don’t hesitate to contact us at (503) 670-9707 or bring your pet in. We recommend keeping our information in a handy place so when you are in an emergency, you have our number readily available.
We will make every effort to accommodate your pet’s needs while keeping your specific desires in mind.
For After Hours Emergency Care
“Very friendly and professional personnel. We love this place, and our dogs do too! ” —~ Amanda Vallejo
“Thank you for a commitment to Jovs health. You (as a group) are a bright star in what could be a dark night.’ —Charles Avery
“We come here with all our animals because of the quality of care we receive, and the great prices. Great staff. —Jennifer Ellwood
“Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our first visit has been awesome. The vet was very helpful and took time to talk and explain everything. Thank you. —Elizabeth
“Always friendly, kind, and informative. Thank you! —Vicky Kelly
“Dr. Christensen is always very thorough and kind to my pets. We appreciate her very much. She is a wonderful asset to the clinic. —Becky Goldman
“I have come to love the staff and the new owners. These people truly care and love animals. I ’m thankful to find these people I’ve had such bad experiences from the other clinics around the area with such high prices. —April Veneigh
“Our family pet, Griffey, receives unsurpassed, compassionate care at Community Pet Hospital! Thank you, Community Pet Hospital, for always being there for us humans and those very important animal members of our family. I love you guys!! —Karen Smith
“Thank you to both Dr. Johnson and his wife Bonnie. Your compassion helped so much in our time of need. I will recommend you to everyone as you are so good and really care. —Cheryl Stone
“The doctor and technician were so kind and gentle with my scardy cat. Thanks. —Margaret Krauss
“I would heartily recommend your Community Pet Clinic to anyone who is looking for an excellent veterinarian. —Michael Jordan
“By far the best Vet experience I’ve ever had. Everybody was just wonderful. —Courtney Bertrand
“Excellent! They were very loving and went out of their way to treat my dog! —Deanna Nebert
“5 STARS!! Great service and excellent receptionist! Sarah and Christine is who I worked with today. —Leroy Banks