Community Pet Hospital’s Full-Service Veterinary Care for Tigard Area Pets
At Community Pet Hospital, our comprehensive care for your pet goes well beyond periodic wellness checks. We offer a variety of services, including early nutritional counseling and preventive medical care, pet dental care and non-anesthetic teeth cleaning, advanced on-site diagnostics, state-of-the-art in-house laboratory, plus veterinary surgery including laser surgical procedures.
Our experienced veterinary staff not only treats the symptoms your pet is exhibiting, but also recognizes the importance of looking at your pet as a whole. Preventing and eliminating the cause of the disease or illness is the best means for achieving your pet’s optimum health. We understand the close relationship you have with your pet and are honored to be trusted with your pet’s care. You can rest assured we will treat your pets the way we treat our own, with compassion and the utmost attention to detail.
Veterinary services include:
- Pet wellness—Annual examinations are an important aspect of your pet’s health care plan. Regular checkups allow us to establish a baseline for what is normal for your pet’s overall health. Since pets age approximately 7 years to our 1 year, annual checkups and evaluations are crucial to detect potential problems early when they can be treated or even prevented entirely. Visit our pet wellness page to learn more about the services we offer.
- Veterinary surgery—When your pet’s health concerns require a surgical solution, you can be confident our veterinarians and staff operate under the highest standards of care at all times and have decades of experience. Please visit our veterinary surgery page for an overview of the various surgeries we perform, as well as what to expect when surgery is in your pet’s future.
- Pet nutrition—Your pet’s nutrition is as important as wellness examinations and vaccinations. We offer nutritional counseling to assess your pet’s dietary needs and make suggestions for corrections or improvements. When needed, we have prescription pet food available for purchase on-site for your convenience.
- Veterinary diagnostics—Diagnosing problems with your pet would be so much easy if only we could talk to the animals. Until we learn to speak "critter," we have our cutting-edge diagnostic tools to find out what’s going on inside your pet. With access to our in-house laboratory, digital X-rays, and ultrasound, we can quickly and accurately assess the majority of your pet’s health concerns without having you and your pet leave our facility for additional testing.
- Pet dental care—Regular cleanings and dental exams are a vital part of your pet’s overall wellness plan. Dental disease can lead to more complex health concerns and is easily avoided with preventive measures. Our Pet Dental page explains what to expect during your pet’s dental exam.
The staff at our AAHA-accredited Community Pet Hospital is committed to providing the highest standards of care for your pet, from nose to tail.
“Very friendly and professional personnel. We love this place, and our dogs do too! ” —~ Amanda Vallejo
“Thank you for a commitment to Jovs health. You (as a group) are a bright star in what could be a dark night.’ —Charles Avery
“We come here with all our animals because of the quality of care we receive, and the great prices. Great staff. —Jennifer Ellwood
“Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our first visit has been awesome. The vet was very helpful and took time to talk and explain everything. Thank you. —Elizabeth
“Always friendly, kind, and informative. Thank you! —Vicky Kelly
“Dr. Christensen is always very thorough and kind to my pets. We appreciate her very much. She is a wonderful asset to the clinic. —Becky Goldman
“I have come to love the staff and the new owners. These people truly care and love animals. I ’m thankful to find these people I’ve had such bad experiences from the other clinics around the area with such high prices. —April Veneigh
“Our family pet, Griffey, receives unsurpassed, compassionate care at Community Pet Hospital! Thank you, Community Pet Hospital, for always being there for us humans and those very important animal members of our family. I love you guys!! —Karen Smith
“Thank you to both Dr. Johnson and his wife Bonnie. Your compassion helped so much in our time of need. I will recommend you to everyone as you are so good and really care. —Cheryl Stone
“The doctor and technician were so kind and gentle with my scardy cat. Thanks. —Margaret Krauss
“I would heartily recommend your Community Pet Clinic to anyone who is looking for an excellent veterinarian. —Michael Jordan
“By far the best Vet experience I’ve ever had. Everybody was just wonderful. —Courtney Bertrand
“Excellent! They were very loving and went out of their way to treat my dog! —Deanna Nebert
“5 STARS!! Great service and excellent receptionist! Sarah and Christine is who I worked with today. —Leroy Banks